In this extensive interview, Mark Zee discusses the Notam Problem, and the Notam Team (fixingnotams.org), with David Esler, Commercial & Business Aviation magazine, along with views on the Notam Problem from ICAO, FAA, Eurocontrol, and the NBAA. Read the full interview here.
Media: Articles about Notams
- Business & Commercial Aviation: Ending Notam Nonsense in the Digital Age [Nov 2019]
- Flying Magazine: Why Notams are Garbage [Jan 2019]
- AOPA: FAA identifies Notams as Top 5 hazard [May 2017]
- AOPA: Notams: A Lousy System [Jul 2015]
- AIN: NTSB Chairman Calls Notams ‘Garbage’ [Sep 2018]
- AIN: Do Notams Drive you Nuts? : Notam wall of shame at EBACE [May 2017]
Articles from Mark Zee / OpsGroup
- Why Pilots are reading a Reel of Telegrams in the Cockpit
- MH17 – a Darker Truth : This will be uncomfortable reading, but it was a preventable tragedy.
- The Problem of Bullshit Notams
Serious Incidents with a root cause: the Notam Problem
Incidents where Notams were part of the cause: